Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Strawberry Jam

Strawberries are ready for picking here in Green Bay so today I went to Sunny Hill and picked a flat of them. It was overcast, the berries plump and ripe both which made for pleasant picking and even better eating.

When I got home I put up 5 pints of strawberry jam and froze the rest to use in smoothies. The strawberry jam is very easy to make by following the instructions in the Sure Gel package.

Strawberry jam on the cooling rack



And since I had the water heated up to do the water bath for the strawberry jam I decided to make some BBQ sauce. I have a recipe that I found on the internet years ago that is supposed to be a knock off of KC Masterpiece - my favorite. I don't think the sauce tastes like KC Masterpice, however, it is better! This is also an easy recipe that just requires combining the ingredients, simmering on the stove for an hour and then putting them into jars with a 45 minute water bath.

BBQ Sauce

No comments: