Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Good Run

On September 21st I ran my 3d half marathon (13.1 miles). I was sick for the entire week beforehand but was still able to put in a PB (personal best) time of 2 hours and 5 minutes. I had been hoping for something less than 2 hours.

My running partner, Melodie Dugenske, and I have decided to do easy runs between now and January 2009 when we will start training for the Cellcom Green Bay Half Marathon. Our easy runs are going to consist of 3-5 mile runs at a pace that allows us to talk and enjoy.

So today I ran by myself because Melodie has a cold. I really enjoyed running in the cooler temperatures for the 2.9 miles. The pace was 8 minute 37 second miles which is excellent for me. More importantly I had energy when done and could have run a faster pace.

No comments: