Thursday, October 16, 2008

Some drivers are dangerous

Yesterday, while running with Melodie, on a bright, sunny day we were almost hit by a car. As we approached an intersection I made eye contact, so I thought, with the driver getting ready to cross the intersection. He waited (while actually he was lost in his own world) so we proceeded across the intersection. Right about the time we reached the center of the road he started across the intersection. I stopped running and yelled, WAIT, WAIT, hoping to stop Melodie before she was hit by the car. Instead of stopping she ran faster and got across the intersection.

The driver continued forward and when he passed by me we were only 2 feet apart. The startled expression on his face when he passed and finally saw me was... well what do I say - priceless. I yelled a couple of choice expression at him and continued on my way.

Please, pay attention when you drive.

No comments: