Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Green Bay Half Marathon

I've been training for the Cellcom Green Bay half marathon since January 2009 with my running partner Melodie Dugenske. Last year I had to withdraw two weeks before the race because I had two stress fractures (one on each leg). I had already paid the registration fee (about $65) which was non refundable (I called and tried). Those that know me know that not getting the refund really "hurt" me. I'm so cheap. Melodie went ahead and ran and turned in an excellent time.

So this year we decided to wait to register until we were sure we would be able to compete since our goal is to run the 13.1 miles in less than 2 hours. In the Green Bay Press Gazette race officials announced that registrations for the half marathon are 76% of the way to reaching the cap. The race is in mid-May so there is still a bunch of time to go before I wanted to register. I guess I'll have to make a decision in a couple of weeks.

I've had "tired" legs the last few runs but my spirits are high. I can see a two hour or less finish.

No comments: