Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Taking Inventory

I decided today to inventory the fruits and vegetables that I canned this year, my most productive ever. Here is what I canned.

Spaghetti Sauce - 22.5 quarts - I've made and canned spaghetti sauce for the last several years and it is always excellent.

Strawberry Jam - 8 pints - The second year that I've made jam. It is so easy and good.

Cherry Jam - 4 pints - Used Door County tart cherries. Just as easy as the strawberry jam.

Peach Syrup - 4 pints - Just as easy as strawberry jam but learned that you must follow the instructions. That's why it is syrup and not jam.

Salsa - 11 quarts - Made two batches - the best ever.

Still to can this year.

Chili - going to try it for the first time - will have to use my new pressure cooker.
Apple Pie Filling - I've already bought the apples and will be going to a class next week.

No comments: