Thursday, December 17, 2009

Best Picture Award - The Departed

The Departed Desktop Wallpaper 1280 x 960
This movie was the 2006 Best Picture Academy Award winning movie.  I did not enjoy watching this movie.  In fact, I had already seen it once and couldnt remember the movie until about a quarter of the way through the movie.  The movie was not memorable, in my opinion, so had forgotten that I had seen it.  I watched it a second time and it is no better.  Lots of blood, use of the f word, and killing.  I could not pull a message from the movie other than Being a bad guy doesnt pay, being a good guy doesnt pay.  Not much of a message.

So where does the movie title come from?  Early on in the movie Matt Damon, when talking about a deceased person, puts emphasis on calling the person departed OR it could have come from the fact that so many people we killed in the movie.

33 Best Picture movies seen.  Only 47 left to see.

No comments: