Friday, December 25, 2009

Shrimp Cocktail Sauce Recipe


We took cold shrimp to my daughters house for Christmas dinner and I decided that it was time to get a shrimp cocktail recipe that I liked.  Ive always just purchased the stuff from the store but never liked the taste regardless of brand.  I went on the web and found several recipes and combined what I liked about each of them.  Below is the recipe which I loved but my wife still prefers the store brand.  I guess youll have to make your own decision about whether this is good or not.

3 TBS ketchup
1 TBS horseradish sauce
1 TBS lemon juice
1 tsp minced garlic
½ tsp dry mustard
Celery salt to taste (I think I used about a ¼ tsp)
Tabasco sauce to taste (I used 5-6 generous shakes)

Mix all the ingredients and let set for an hour or so for the flavors to mingle.

No comments: