Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Running Recap for 2009

For Christmas 2008 my wife gave me a Garmin Forerunner 305 exercise watch.  I had been looking at it for some time but just couldnt justify spending that much money for a running watch.  Since it was a gift I was obligated to use it. 

As Ive told my wife numerous times since that Christmas morning, My Garmin running watch is one of the best gifts Ive ever received.  Now you might as yourself, Wow, its that good?  Those that know me can easily understand why I like the watch.  Im a numbers oriented person and very analytical by my nature.  This watch gives me more data about my running than I can even use!

Let me back up a bit.  The Garmin Forerunner 305 has a GPS (so I get accurate distance measurement), a stop watch (of course), and a heart monitor.  Given all of these features there is lots a data to be crunched.  Yesterday I downloaded the data into Excel and get the stats.  That lead me to reflect on my running for 2009 which Ill summarize below.

I had planned to do 6 organized run but only completed 5. 
      May Cellcom half marathon I didnt achieve my goal but I did get a personal record (PR).
      June Bellin 10K Not a PR but the best time in 3 years
      July Beer Belly 2 mile My favorite run.  We run for time for the two miles and then walk the course and get drinks at the beer stops.
      August Ryan Jerabek 4 mile Always a hot run and this year was no different.  Ran with two friends getting into running.
      November Noodelini 5K This is the only run my wife does each year and we do it together.  Always cold, always fun.
We (my running partner and I) did 94 runs according to the watch, slightly less than 2 runs per week.  We ran more per week while training for the half marathon, less when running for fun, and I took almost 3 weeks off in Oct/Nov when I had a hamstring pull.

Total Time Running:  52.5 hours
Total Miles: 309 miles
Average Pace: 10:15 per mile

No comments: