Sunday, November 22, 2009

Best Picture Award - Driving Miss Daisy

This movie was the 1989 Best Picture Academy Award winning movie.  My daughter, Megan, and wife, Lori, watched the movie with me.  The movie centers around a wealthy Jewish lady in her seventies that should no longer drive and the 20 plus year relationship that she develops with her African American driver.  In the end the relationship with her driver is stronger and better than that with her son (Dan Aykroyd).

I enjoyed watching the film but my wife and I had the same exclamation when the movie ended.  Thats it!


The origin of the title is easy to discern as the movie centers around the relationship of the driver (Morgan Freeman) and Miss Daisy (Jessica Tandy).


27 Best Picture movies seen.  Only 53 left to see.

No comments: