Friday, November 27, 2009

Muddy Puddle

I’m going to start posting recipes using beer once I have tried them.

Here is a drink recipe that I got out of Mens Health Magazine.  My initial take on this one the first sip was Boy this one is going to be hard to finish!.  However, about ½ way through the first small glass it grew on me.  Ended up drinking four of em before the day was done.  Only thing that stopped us from having more was the fact that we ran out of espresso!

1 oz simple syrup
3 oz iced espresso (went to Starbucks, bought espresso, came home and put it in freezer to cool it off)
1.5 oz bourbon or whiskey (I used Seagrams)
4 oz stout beer

Make simple syrup by bringing one cup of water to a boil.  Turn off the heat and add 1.5 cups of sugar.  Stir until dissolved and then chill.

Shake together the simple syrup, iced espresso, and bourbon or whiskey with a bit of ice.  Add beer and stir or shake lightly.  Pour into glass with a few ice cubes.  Enjoy.

No comments: